Sunday, November 7, 2010

Turkey Updates







I have had several people ask about when the turkeys will be ready. Since we want them fresh and fat we will wait as long as possible to do this. The Weekend before Thanksgiving most likely. That said I'll be contacting an Amish farmer today to set this up. In the mean time here are some updates.





A few weeks ago, Larry told me had read that turkeys responded to music. So Maddy and I took my laptop outside and put on the Bee Gees and the Stones, The turkeys were out free ranging and came running over the porch where the laptop was sitting and were completely silent as the music played curiously listening.
One can also call to them and they respond nicely with a group response. Listen here. There are 2 videos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment